TuneList - Make your site Live

Friday, February 22, 2008

You turn my world upside down



Music turns my world upside down. Felt like my eyes are drooping so I decided to put aside Kyle for the meantime. I checked out my limewire songs and downloaded only four. Lucky me, got one of my faves...the live and acoustic version of U2.

While I was trying to listen only to the preview, I got sucked and caught up in the swirling and sudden randomness of the WMPs visuaizations. My eyes fixated on the effects while my mind wanders around. Felt like I end up somewhere....the beat and rhythm...dragged me to a solitary fortress where I lost myself.

Pulling back to reality, I heard the words that seemeed to echo in through the plugged earphones....."See the stone set in your eyes, see the thorn twist on your side, I wait for you. Sleight of hand and twist of fate, on a bed of nails, he makes me wait, and wait without you"....Suddenly, I swirled back to a moment of mixed thoughts...then it hits me again "Through the storm, we reach the shore, you give it all but I want more, and I'm waiting for you"...Is it the sound of the guitar?the voice of U2?or the memories associated with every line that makes my heart pound louder?...."My hands are tied, my body bruised he's got me with, .....NOTHING LEFT TO WIN AND NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE, WITH OR WITHOUT YOU"....so I played it again...trying to figure out what makes it different from the rest...but I just keep on hearing the words..."WITH OR WITHOUT YOU"

You are my music. You complete me with your sweet melody that keeps my heart beating. With your rhythm that pumps up blood flowing in my veins. With your words that save me from drowning in this chaotic world. But when I turn off the volume...my music slowly fades....turning the room into a deafening silence...I have to learn to appreciate the silence and forget humming my music. Kiss me away....

No comments: