TuneList - Make your site Live

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Disco Night @ American Idol

Every week I look forward to watching American Idol. This weeks theme is disco. First to go on stage was Lil Rounds singing "I'm Every Woman" by Whitney Houston. Again, judges were kind of disappointed with her. I guess what's lacking is the originality and every week they wanted her to show her singing prowess but the songs that she chooses doesn't give her that opportunity. Now, I am not sure that she is listening to what the judges have been commenting on her.

Kris Allen was superb singing on another version of "She Works Hard for the Money" by Donna Summer. He displayed another artistic arrangement taking risks week after week. It's a good thing though that it pays off most of the time.

I am not sure that Danny Gokey played it that well with none other than "September" by EWF. I have to agree with the judges that it wasn't that special.

Allison Iraheta, the "underdog" as quoted by Simon, gave another powerful rock rendition of "Hot stuff" by Donna Summer. At age 16, she can turn up the heat and make your head bang with her powerful voice. With no doubt, she is a talented singer but with few fans voting for her, I am not sure she can make it all the way.

As expected, Adam Lambert threw off the rest with another unforgettable, unbeatable, and a totally different version of "If I Can't Have You" (from Saturday Night Fever).
Actually, at first when he was singing it, I was kinda getting the tune but somehow I can't seem to decipher what song it is (and I mean it in a good way). It was indeed a great arrangement.



I was really shocked when the judges saved Matt Giraud when he should have been kicked out early in the game. He lamely sang "Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees. I guess they have just prolonged his agony. I bet that he would be eliminated this week. By the looks of it, I think he had already a feeling that he performed really bad.

Lastly, Anoop Desai tried a ballad version of "Dim All the Lights." Simon had to disagree and honetly blurted out that it was mediocre and that it was Anoop's worst performance. I think Anoop will join Matt in waving their goodbyes as the curtain fall for them this week.

No comments: