TuneList - Make your site Live

Thursday, February 19, 2009

I am a slumdog millionaire



Note to my one and only avid reader...you know who you are...would like you to read this post with the soundtrack playing on....for a more melodramatic effect... :)

Tried to watched this movie before but ended up yawning at the first few scenes so I shut down the lap top and tried to catch my precious sleep. The title wasn't at all catchy so I never got interested in continuing where I left off until I heard feedbacks that it was indeed a good movie. So last night, since I was wide awake and still up i thought of giving it another shot.

The movie didn't fail me this time. The setting was in India and it was all about Jamal winning the game show "Who wants to be a Millionaire?" and the story behind how he knew the answers to the questions. I wouldn't go to the details of the story so as not to be a spoiler for those who haven't watched it yet. I just want to share how I am a slumdog millionaire on my own rights.

I guess I share the same sentiment of Jamal when it comes to Latika. No, I have not joined and won any gameshow but I felt like I am a millionaire since I knew my own Latika. Just like Jamal's Latika, she is Jamal's universe..a person which has been lost but have never been forgotten...not for a moment. Just like Jamal, Latika was the last person that brought her luck in his one last step from winning the game. Even though he won the game, he was never completely happy because the one person that can make him happy is yet to be found.

I hope one day I can find my Latika in the midst of the crowd and never let go. Like Jamal, I will be waiting at our own train station...our universe, everyday until he shows up. I have always said "it is as clear as mud" but the slumdog millionaire changed it when he said..."it is our destiny...it is written".

"You Are My Waking Dream, You’ re All Thats Real To Me
You Are The Magic In The World I See
You Are In The Prayer I Saying, You Are In My Two My Names
You Are The Faith That Make Me Belive
Dreams On Fire, Higher N Higher
Pasion Burning, Ride On The Path, Once For Forever Yours
In Me, All Your Heart, Dreams On Fire, Higher N Higher

You Are My Ocean Rage, You Are My Thought Each Day
You Are The Laughter From Childhood Games
You Are Things Further Down, You Are Where I Belong
You Are Make Me Feel In Every Songs
Dreams On Fire, Higher N Higher, Pasion Burning
Ride On The Path, Once For Forever Yours, In Me
All Your Heart, Dreams On Fire, Higher N Higher"

No comments: