TuneList - Make your site Live

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Always on your side

During my college days, which by the way was not so long ago, my 6 units in Philo had a big impact in the way I view things. We had this one project where we wrote our own future. I guess somehow it guided us to what we want to be, where we want to be headed five to ten years from then on. It wasn't that hard for me because then I knew what I really wanted. I wanted to get married and have a happy family. I wanted to be a lawyer. I wanted to work in an embassy or a research company. I wanted to be a diplomat. Some worked out, some didn't.
We also had the chance to write our own eulogy. We planned our own death. What age we will die, how we will die and to whom we shall leave our final words. May seemed morbid at that time but hey it was some wake-up call for most of us. We left letters and tapes of our own "goodbyes" to our beloved ones, wrote their names and sealed the envelopes. But no one really knows how things end up.
Being a lawyer or a diplomat in an embassy or a reasearch company, the eulogy, letters and tapes of yesterdays...they're all boxed up and neatly put away. But every now and then it comes to mind. Just like every dream that is within reach...
As Crow and Sting would put it...Everything was sweet and innocent then but my demons and angels reappeared. Leavin' all the traces of the dream I thought I'd have. Leavin' me with no place left to go from here. Leavin' me so many questions all these years.

Is there someplace far away, someplace where all is clear? Easy to start over with the ones you hold so dear. Or are you left to wonder, all alone, eternally. This isn't how it's really meant to be.

Well they say that love is in the air, but never is it clear. How to pull it close and make it stay. If butterflies are free to fly, why do they fly away? Leavin' me to carry on and wonder why. Was it you that kept me wondering through this life...when you know that I am always on your side.

No comments: