TuneList - Make your site Live

Friday, November 21, 2008

My Energizer

Energizer's history goes all the way back to 1886. In 1896, Energizer marketed the very first battery for consumer use -- The Columbia -- all of six inches tall and used to power home telephones. With global headquarters in St. Louis and over 10,000 Associates in 140 countries, Energizer stands as the world's largest manufacturer of batteries and flashlights.

My own energizer used to be a double "AA". It was true when it says it "keeps you going and going". Remember the energizer bunny commercial that keeps on running around while it continuously bangs a drum. For a time I believed I've been that bunny. I could do anything and everything with my energizer. I even threw in a free-throw-last-minute-of-the-game. Hell, I can still vividly recall that moment. It was a sweet winning shot for me and for my team. At that very instance when all eyes were on me, I saw only him and only him. For a second, I closed my eyes and savored that moment and I just then realized that my hand was throwing the ball to the ring right down the net! But I guess my double "AA" was not that effective at all. My energizer battery slowly faded and just stopped bringing life in my world. I'd never thought I'd get used to having another one but I did. However, the energizer battery that keeps me going and going is a rare one. It did not only keep me going and going but it gave me more than life itself could bring. Somehow I lost my energizer...the one that kept me going. When something like that happens, a clock inside you just ticks a lot louder. I wonder how and what it would take for me to realize that I don't need energizers to make my earth revolve back in time because in real life, real things ...real batteries only comes with double "AA" and not with double "RR". But then again without the distortion of reality, then there would be no Sistine Chapel, Taj Mahal or the likes...

No comments: