TuneList - Make your site Live

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Ironman

My Hon and Marge were the one who introduced me to the Avengers. My hubby, a frustrated comic collector, and my eldest daughter, who resembles little me, spends their bonding time by watching cartoons and playing PSP. I have little knowledge when it comes to Marvel's superheroes so I rely on my husband's preference when a superhero movie is up about coming.

So last Saturday after my appointment at the dentist, we went to the nearest cinema to catch the Ironman. Since I am not sure if it will capture my whole attention throughout the entire movie, I bought cheese popcorn and a cola so I can do some nibbling just in case I yawn. Anyway, we walked inside the theater and took the middle seats and watched the trailer as we wait for the start of the movie.

Beforehand, I knew that one of the cast is Robert Downey, Jr. who is one of my favorite actor. Aside from his good looks, he is definitely one of the best actors of his times. I never thought that he would be playing Tony Stark - the Ironman. For the sake of those who haven't watched the movie yet, I would not talk about the plot so as not to give some spoilers. Although, I must admit that the popcorn has become a bonus because the movie caught my attention the whole time it was being shown. The storyline and the effects were superb. Eventhough at the beginning of the movie I already felt that I had to pee, I waited till the end to do it. I wouldn't want to miss a scene.

I've seen Downey's movies but it is all drama-comedy and I haven't seen him do something like this. I must say that he justified his character as a superhero. His acting was like lifted from the comic which it made it more realistic and excellent. Okay plus the fact that even in his ruggish look, angst and dubiuos smile he still maintains his ravishing and dashing personality.

No comments: