TuneList - Make your site Live

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Nephilim


Nephilim. I thought this was just some word invented in the tv mini-series "Fallen" but when I googled it up I found a lot of sites describing the word. After getting a rest from "Damages", I was just toying with other movie titles hoping that it would satisfy my craving for another mind-boggling series.

Then I was introduced to "Fallen". This is different from the tv series that I've been enjoying every night. First and foremost it is just a three-part series which would mean that I will be again scouting for movies after only a night. Oh yes, I can finish one season in just one night. Another thing is that this series presents alternative religion which tells about the battle between opposing celestial forces.

Nephilim, as most articles would describe, were a pre-flood race which are referred to in the Bible as giants. They were half humans and half Gods. It is most important to note that they are mentioned almost simultaneous to God's statement that He would destroy the earth by flood, and it seems from this association that their affect upon mankind was one of the primary justifications that brought the destruction.

Fallen has brought some interesting details and will surely capture everyone's attention with their almost factual storyline and effects.

No comments: