TuneList - Make your site Live

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The one that got away

I rarely read forwarded messages in my inbox. I usually trash them because they clogged up my space. I only browse the ones that are worth reading...and sometime 2 weeks ago something caught my eye. It was an essay entitled "the one that got away." It was an interesting essay and it talks about some things or people whom we let go and later realize that they are important to us....they are the ONE. I am sure that most of my friends can relate to this line "it is never good to hold on and live to the what-could-have-been" tag. Sometimes there are things or decisions that we have to make and live by it. We maybe immature and not yet ready when we do those mistakes but there's always a way to make up for it. We can only do so much and say "I am sorry for that one that got away"......
It is a reality of life and it is much easier to put every thoughts in writing than simply follow the golden rules of life. When we are in faced in that kind of situation we seem to hear only what our heart is saying. Nevertheless, it is always up to us to just leave a broken piece of us on the ground and travel the road with a hole and sore heart and then look back and say "the rest is history".......or we can pull back ourselves together and find a way to tell the next person that you'll meet "you're the one that almost got away".

No comments: