TuneList - Make your site Live

Monday, July 21, 2008

Barneymania


What's with Barney?! I don't even know the gender of this purple dinosaur. My 6-year old daughter was an avid fan of Barney before. Way back when she was just starting to appreciate movies other than commercials, I swear I was about to curse Barney. Why? It has invaded our viewing system. From the moment my daughter opened her eyes until yawn comes to her, Barney is on TV - singing, dancing and acting. The whole household memorized every bit of the lines and every song and dance numbers there are. But of course, how could I get mad with Barney when I saw that my daughter enjoyed watching the show. Her eyes would glow every time she would hear the word Barney or she would get so sweeter every time she hears the all-time song associated with Barney "I love you, You love me. We're best friends like friends should be. With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you. won't you say you love me too?" She gets teary eyed and would give us a kiss a big hug. I then realized that it has a big impact on her and that she also learned a lot of things while she was growing up especially good manners. Now that my 1-year old daughter would take my hand every morning, flashes her cutest smile and utter "Barney". I already know that she is asking me to play a CD of Barney. Even though she appreciated "Dora" first, it was Barney who can make her glued to the TV like her older sister. I read somewhere that there was a scientific study that the combination of the purple dinosaur have been a very attractive figure for children. It's like kids are being hypnotized when they see Barney. I guess my kids are just one of the living proof that this study is conclusive.

No comments: