TuneList - Make your site Live

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nice to see old friends

Old friends get together on special occasions. It was Zaza's wedding. Got the chance to see and catch up with Happy. More so, I was brought back to memory lane....
On our way to the Cathedral, we passed by Metropolitan theater...high school days...specifically the West Side Story days. The place is the product of our after-school, and weekend practices of acting, singing and dancing. It was one of the coolest and memorable days ...too memorable.
Next pit stop - Intramuros...Tent City...Youth day...YFC days...now a golf course. And then there was Fort Santiago...SFC...where we had a bonding trip. Getting lost in the midst of the old houses, kalesa, pebble roads and the katipuneros look-alike...Archbishop's place...I remember when I was preparing for my wedding. Went there to authenticate my baptismal records. I also remembered the night when we had our post-thesis party. Happy, Zaza, Tina and Mike (my thesis mates) making it with the the study of "Philippines 2010 vs. Malaysia's 2020 vision"or something like that.
Then saw the Pier...Ormoc days. That's where it all started...but that's another story.
The ceremony was a-ok. Even when we're out in college, we still manage to have some bloopers. Oh, when you are with Happy, you'll never run out of funny stuffs. The reception was @ Manila Hotel. The theme was unique and so is the way they have prepared everything. Served on the table is choco pretzels and raisinets while the Manila Philharmonic Orchestra Band plays jazz music to keep the guests company. Food is superb. I am not really a big fan of hotel foods or fine dining but this one I gotta say my taste buds was really satisfied. At first, I thought it was goin' to end up like the same old fancy tasteless food because of the marinated salmon with vegetable terrine. Then this was followed by the creamy zucchini and spinach with smoked shrimp and red pepper foam ...it's terrific! Love it. After which, we were served with Thousand Leaves Pastry...thought it was salad but it was more like chicken ala king only better. And then the main course....Australian Beef tenderloin in merlot garlic sauce served with dauphine potato and young veggies. Rating : Yummylicious. I'd say overall it was superb! Just saying that I had a great afternoon that day.

No comments: