TuneList - Make your site Live

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

To the best fathers in the world

HR Summit. Felt like I've wasted my day. Unlike the previous learning sessions, today wasn't that interesting. Well okay I've learned something but not that significant I guess. Blue ocean strategy. Basically, its excellence rests on four key components : Create, raise, reduce and eliminate.
Towards the end of the day, I was already bored, sleepy and freezing on my chair. Until Atty. Alexander Lacson stood on the podium and started giving his speech (well it seemed like a speech to me because he sounded like he was giving his privilege speech in Batasang Pambansa). He is the author of the "12 little things every filipino can do to help our country". Incidentally, he cited in his book Malcolm Gladwell's "Tipping Point" which was also emphasized earlier in a forum by Maria Rezza, the head of ABS-CBN's news and current affairs. Tipping point is essentially saying that small deeds can spur revolutions in societies.
Anyway, Lacson also shared Haydee Yorac's 2 favorite principles. (Yorac was his professor for 2 sems when he was still taking up law in UP Diliman). My then sleeping brain was awakened when he uttered "De un buen padre de familia" which means "A good father of a family". Its a principle in family law. With that I was as if brought down to memory lane. The training hall suddenly turned into the 4 walls of a classroom. I am back in my college days - a day of my 3-unit International Law. The topic made me reminisced those days. However, as Lacson tried to explain further my mind shifted to something or rather to someone else. He tried to expound more by saying that the 2nd principle simply states that a good father is someone who legally and morally provides for the needs of his family. If food is insufficient, he sees to it that his chldren and wife gets to eat first. A good father is someone who makes sure that at the end of the day each and every member of the family is safe and has a place to sleep in. Of course, 2 men came instantly to my mind. I may not often say it but I have been always grateful for the 2 good fathers in my life. I know that they have sacrificed a lot of their needs and wants just to make sure that their children gets the best of everything. To my dad and hon - we love you very much!!!

No comments: